1.6.14

Bordeaux

The days here have been passing faster and faster and it's hard to believe I've already been in France a whole week! Lucky for me I have 11 more left! This past Thursday and Friday I traveled to the city of Bordeaux in the Southwest region of France to experience the culture and history behind one of France's greatest cities. The city itself is home to about 237,000 permanent residents, the largest square in Europe, and the longest walking shopping strip in Europe. It has a softer, slower, quieter atmosphere than that of Paris, which was a welcome getaway after my first hectic week. Not unlike Paris, Bordeaux has its fair share of jaw-dropping architecture and picturesque street cafes. For dinner I had roasted duck with vegetables and potatoes at the wonderful La Cassolette, accompanied of course by some famous Bordeaux red wine. Here are some photos from throughout the day to show you just how beautiful Bordeaux truly is! xoxobb

No comments :

Post a Comment