19.6.14

Dance in the Graveyards


"When I die, I don't want to rest in peace, 
I want to dance in joy, I want to dance in the graveyards.
And while I'm alive, I don't want to be alone,
Mourning the ones who came before, 
I want to dance with them some more.
Let's dance in the graveyards." 

Cimetiere Pere-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in the city of Paris. Established in 1804, it spans 110 acres and contains the graves of thousands and thousands of deceased; including famous composers, artists, and writers such as Edith Piaf, Chopin, Jim Morrison, Marcel Marceau and Oscar Wilde. It's a weird thing when, walking through the streets of a cemetery, you think to yourself, "this is the most beautiful thing I've seen in Paris." But It's true. It was majestic and tranquil and strikingly gorgeous. The work and artistry that went into some of those headstones and memorials is amazing. It was like walking through an eerie yet relaxing garden. After walking through the cemetery for two hours, we had only covered about 3/4 of it, so I hope to get back there soon to see the rest. Here are some pics that I thought captured some of it's beauty, enjoy! xoxobb







No comments :

Post a Comment