4.6.14

A Few of My Favorite Things


Having officially been in Paris for over a week now, I've had time to explore, discover, and fall in love with many areas and places within the city. I've decided to post A Few of My Favorite Things at the end of each week to highlight the greatest places I've been thus far. Being my first week, this list will surely only skim the surface of what will hopefully become a long list of hidden treasures, go-to's, and hotspots throughout Paris! Check them out!

1) The first truly Parisian restaurant experience I had was at the undeniably charming Louis Philippe café. Located right by the Seine in the 4th arrondissement, this restaurant is about as authentic as you can get. And delicious too! Their menu boasts all the essential French cuisine including escargot, duck, and boeuf bourguignon.

2) The Jeu de Paume museum near the Tuileries Gardens on Place de la Concorde exhibits all sorts of mechanical and electronic imagery art (photography, video, web art, installation art, etc). Currently, they are showing the art of photographers and installation artists Kati Horna and Oscar Munoz. Both exhibits were interesting, while personally I like Munoz's pieces better. Check out some of the work here.

3) One simply can't go to Paris without making a stop at Ladurée. The famous tea-room turned pastry boutique is known the world over for their delicious sweets, primarily their macarons. I couldn't help myself from getting a box of six, and let me tell you, each bite was dynamite. There are close to 20 Maisons de Ladurée in and around Paris and throughout France, so a macaron fix is never too far! (ps the pistachio was my favorite!)

4) By way of bars, La Caravane is small and quirky with a lot of local character and a welcoming vibe. It's in the 11th on the Rue de la Fontaine au Roi and there's a lot to be said for their "Purple Haze" shot with a drop of Tabasco. Plus, the playlist consisted of familiar classic throwbacks from the 70's and 80's so a good time is bound to be had.

Worth mentioning: Au Grand Turenne restaurant et café, The Great Canadian Pub, Ze Bar

Et Voilá! There will be more favorite things to come as the days turn to weeks and the weeks to months of exploring this fantastic city. However, I won't be able to find any of them if I sit on my computer, so I'm off! Au revoir for now, wishing everyone a happy wednesday and a wonderful upcoming weekend! xoxobb


No comments :

Post a Comment