29.7.14

Eurotrip

       London and Prague, in my opinion, are two of Europe's most amazing cities, and this month I was lucky enough to visit both!!! What I instantly loved about London, I'll admit, is that I could speak English with no inhibitions and felt completely okay doing so. Although I've had little to no problems with speaking French, it was a nice and welcome break. Besides that, London is so unbelievably beautiful in its own quaint English way. The first night, I went to see a performance of Julius Caesar at the Shakespeare Globe Theatre! It was a wonderful experience, standing in the center like they used to do, and watching a classic Shakespearean play. We walked around the city, stopping by all the well-known attractions, and finished the day by touring London's East End. We went to the insanely cool Spitalfield Market and had dinner at Tayyabs, London's best and most popular Indian restaurant. The food was out of this world and a meal that I've dreamt of many times since!!! On our last day, we indulged in a classic full English breakfast, complete with sausages, eggs, baked beans, and, of course, English breakfast tea! We went to Camden street for the infamous Camden market, spent a couple hours walking around, before heading back to the airport. I loved everything about my time in London and can't wait for the day I get to go back!!
      The following weekend I was jet-setting yet again, this time to Praha!! Some friends I made my first month here in Paris were spending their second month in Prague, so a couple of us went to visit them there for a few days! Besides Paris (naturally) Prague quickly became my favorite place in the world. It's beauty is underrated but without a doubt unrivaled compared to anywhere else I've been. The metro runs on an "honor code" system (meaning we never bought a single ticket) yet they somehow remain clean and uncrowded and, best of all, air-conditioned! The food was heartier than that of France and everything was incredibly cheap. We went on paddle boats on the river by Charles Bridge, visited the Lennon wall, went to Old Town to see the clock tower and the square, and went on a nighttime boat tour to see the city all lit up. They definitely know how to party in Prague, we didn't come home before 6am the whole time I was there, each night making our way back as the sun was rising. Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got back, but boy was it worth it!! Enjoy some photos from both of the trips! I've been back in Paris a week now and will be posting about my recent activities soon, until then, cheers to you and cheers to the Eurotrip of a lifetime! xoxobb















No comments :

Post a Comment