8.8.14

August in Paris

     
     I realized just today that, devastatingly, my last week in Paris has crept upon me. I leave a week from Sunday, and there are no words to express my unwillingness to go. These 12 weeks have flown by too quickly! Alas, all good things come to an end, c'est la vie, and I'll just have to make the most of these last remaining days.
     The 1st of August (unfortunately) brought boatloads of tourists and (even more unfortunately) the closing of many a shop and restaurant throughout the city. As Parisians went off to their vacation destinations, signs in store windows went up that read : Bon Vacances! Closed till the end of August! With less places open I was left with more time to just walk the streets and explore parts of Paris that I had yet to see. You would think that after being here so long I would have seen most of it, but there's always a new corner to turn around, always a new road to follow. These photos are from the winding cobblestone streets of Montmartre, a very picturesque, quintessential Paris.
     I've got a busy list of things to do and see before I leave, here's to hoping they all get done!! In the meantime, wishing everyone a happy weekend full of sunshine xoxobb





No comments :

Post a Comment