26.7.14

A Few of My Favorite Things III


Good food, good music, good drinks, good views, you'll find all of these on my third list of favorite things...

1. Le Petit Cambodge
    I had to put this place first because, honest to God, they served me one of the best meals of my life. This little cambodian place is located in the 10eme arrondissement and is always hoppin. It's a fairly small place, but no worries! If you arrive and there's a wait, you can give them your phone number, go get a drink at a bar nearby, and they'll call you when a table is ready. A more normal, old-fashioned version of the electronic light-up buzzer. Menu-wise, the Bobuns are the thing to order if you ask around. I, in my naiveté, did not know that the first time I went and ordered the Ban Hoy. Nonetheless, it ended up being the greatest thing I've ever eaten so I was pretty happy. Le Petit Cambodge, how I love you so...

2. Festival Soirs d'Été
    At the beginning of the month, from the 7th to the 11th of July, the city of Paris put on a festival of music in la Place de la République. Fittingly called "Summer Nights," each evening four or so bands or artists would play a set...for free!!! After dinner we would wander over to République to watch the performances and, granted most of the artists I had never heard of, it was always good music and a good time. One of my favorite bands, John Butler Trio, who I've seen live in Atlanta, performed on Tuesday night!

3. Candelaria
    I know so many people back home who would fall in love with this place (as I did, obviously)! Candelaria is a whole in the wall taqueria and bar that is home to some of the BEST tacos I've ever eaten. The tiny place only seats 12 in the front dining area (although there is a back room for the bar) and there is forever a line out the door. Each day the owners decide which tacos they want to make that day and those are the options you have to choose from. So far, I've tried the fried fish and beet, the papas salsa verde, and the pork and pineapple. All were amazing. Even more amazing, and I can say this because I'm a connoisseur in this field, is their guacamole. Un. Real. Lastly, (I'm looking at you Cait and Mel), comes the infamous Candelaria margarita. Either frozen or on the rocks, this margarita comes with chili flakes and pink salt on the rim, none of that sea salt crap from Chilis. This is the reallll dealll.

4. Le Salon by Thé des Ecrivains
    In the 3eme arrondissement, this little shop sells wonderful trinkets, treasures, and lots of teas! Mostly a book store and papery, the boutique has its own brand of handmade journals, papers, stationary...it's wonderful. Many have cute little french sayings on them which make them all the more covetable for a francophile such as myself. If you're done shopping you can also sit and enjoy one of the salons own teas! These are also for sale and you can bring home flavors such as Oscar Wilde, my favorite!

5. Le Jardin du Luxembourg
    The Luxembourg gardens might be my new favorite place in Paris. I went on a sunny Saturday afternoon when the weather was just too perfect to do anything other than sit in a park and read. However, I didn't get much reading done because I couldn't keep my eyes from wandering on all the wonderful things around me! The gardens are unbelievably beautiful as are the Luxembourg Palace and the iconic Medici Fountain. Close your eyes, dream of Paris, and this is what you'll see. I'll be doing a post on Luxembourg soon enough!

Bissous to all!! xoxobb


No comments :

Post a Comment