11.8.14

The City as a Canvas


     One thing I was surprised to find out about the beautiful city of Paris, as I'm sure you will be too, is that its roads, alleyways, bridges, and buildings are abundantly full of art. I'm not talking about art as in the unrivaled architecture (which is beautiful on its own), but street art, done by Paris' many street artists. Everywhere you look there is a newly painted mural, paper collage, etc that adorns the city streets. A lot of this art is political in nature, commenting on parisian government, feminism, or existing social issues. The artists typically go by pseudonyms such as "Mystique" or "Space Invader" to hide their identities, and can be found producing art all over the city, no matter what arrondissement you're in. These are just a few photographs of the many I took as I stumbled upon art while walking throughout Paris. Sometimes I find them amusing, other times stupid, and yet other times beautifully moving. Enjoy! xoxobb






No comments :

Post a Comment